Preschool marks an important time in a child’s development.Pre math concepts are being used by children throughout their activities, experiences and daily routines, whether at school or at home. Math is important and it’s important to help young children develop their mathematical thinking. A child’s pre math knowledge at the start of kindergarten predicts later academic achievement better than early reading or attention skills.Pre math concept activities focus on classification such as the difference in shapes, picking out between small and big, large and heavy, short and long, wide and narrow, thick and thin, tall or short, etc.It helps to explore the role of mathematics in day to day life without actually doing difficult maths,to make maths easy, fun and interesting,to promote the development of the child’s spatial awareness, to lay the foundation for understanding the essential concepts of mathematics.Mathematics plays a major role in a child’s development and helps children makes sense of the world around them. Children between the age of one to five years old are beginning to explore patterns and shapes, compare sizes and count objects. When it comes to preschool children, they use a variety of methods to problem-solve and talk about their findings.Math knowledge is useful for all of us—from children to adults—in all aspects of our lives. When parents and teachers get excited about math, then children get excited about math.
- Student will understand the different pre math concepts
- Student will develop their observation skills.
- Student will lay the foundation of their problem solving skills.
- Student will develop their spatial sense i.e. place items in their correct set, place etc.
- Student will be developing their Math skills
- Student will enhance his/her vocabulary
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 125 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- How to make a dice?
- Introduction to Montessori inspired activities
- More and Less with juice
- More and Less with pictures
- More and Less game with dice
- Open and Close
- Tall and Short – Activity 1
- Tall and Short – Activity 2
- Big and Small Sorting Activity
- Big and Small Object Activity
- Full and Empty – Activity 1
- Full and Empty – Activity 2
- Far and Near with pictures
- Far and Near with objects
- Few and Many parent child Activity
- Few and Many Objects Activity
Thick and Thin