Literacy is on of the important skill that students learn in school. They have to master the skill of translating visual symbols into speech sounds. Keeping this in mind students are taught step by step from phonic awareness to phonic sounds and digraphs to build up on our student’s reading. Digraphs is a combination of two letters that make single sound. It can include a combination of consonants and vowels. There are Consonant Digraphs which include groups of two consonants that make a sound. For eg : ‘ch’ in chain or ‘sh’ in shop. There are Vowel Digraphs which includes two letters which has at least one vowel. For eg: ‘ow’ in slow. Learning digraphs is the next step after the student has learnt the sound that each letter makes. In the course there will be a logical order of introducing digraph phonic skills. The teacher will start with the student in a structured manner which will start with the sound of the digraph, story related to the sound and different new words related to the digraph. It is a springboard for students to learn to read new and unfamiliar vocabulary. It will be rewarding to see our young learners to move beyond single letters and sounds and move towards advanced phonic skills. Teaching and learning digraphs is always fun. At Uriel Kids we believe in nurturing the reading skills of our young learners. Reading is knowledge and knowledge is power.
- Student will be able to identify consonant digraphs and vowel digraphs
- Student will be able to say the letters that represent each sound.
- Student will be able to identify common consonant digraphs in words.
- Student will be able to be to recognize he sound that are linked to digraphs.
- Student will be able to know if the digraph is at the beginning or the end of the word.
- Student will be able to say the sound of the letter, blend it and say the word.
- Student will be able to write new words with the help of skill learnt in the course.
- Student will be able to read and spell words.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes